Dad’s deserve more than one day of the year to be recognized like the superheroes they are to their kids! With all the juggling they do from getting the kiddos ready for school in the morning to help watch the baby on Mom’s girls-nights out, Dad’s don’t always get the recognition they deserve for helping behind the scenes to provide for their family.
Treating your Dad on his special day can seem impossible since he always says that “he never needs anything and when he wants something, he can just go out and buy it himself” (or is that just my Dad?). Don’t get your Dad another tie. This is the year to change it up and get your Dad a gift he will actually love.
So what do you get the only man in your life who’s actually allowed to tell those Dad jokes? We’ve got some ideas to hopefully surprise and impress your Dad on Father’s Day! Online shopping has made the impossible possible. These days that you can literally get anything online. So here are the 35 ideas for Father’s Day...
Father’s Day Ideas
One great retailer that most Dad’s seem to always shop at is Dicks Sporting Goods. And, wouldn’t you know, they have some great deals going on right now for Father’s Day!? Plus, many retailers offer coupon codes for free shipping, which is noteworthy because Father’s Day is right around the corner. However, if you’re in a rush to get your Dad’s gift shipped, it will probably cost a premium shipping rate, so keep that in mind.
Here are some other great online retailers and physical stores to hopefully get you inspired for your Dad’s special day…
- Dicks Sporting Goods - Dicks Sporting Goods
- Holtz Leather Co. - Made in America! - Handcrafting Fine Leather Goods
- Home Depot - Home Depot
- Kohls - Kohls
- Uncommon Goods - Very unique gifts for that Dad who has everything - UncommonGoods
Still need some help shopping for Dad? Listed below are some categories and corresponding retailer ideas to get Dad, Uncle, or Grandpa the perfect gift this Father’s Day!
For Dads in Small Spaces:
- Trunk Club - Trunk Club
- The Container Store - help Dad get organized for summer - Container Store
- Amazon - Folding Furniture - Amazon
- Expand Furniture - Expand Furniture
- Bespoke Post - monthly subscription box Dad can preview every month, and skip if uninterested - Discover the Box of Awesome
For the Minimalist Dad:
- Ikea - Ikea
- Wayfair - great weekly sales! - Wayfair
- Gentleman's Box - monthly subscription for all things men! - Gentlemans Box
- Hand & Stone Massage - Hand & Stone
- Magnolia Market - Handpicked by Chip & Joanna Gains! - Magnolia
- Touch of Modern - Touch of Modern
For the Active Dad:
- Tom & Teddy - Matching Swimwear for Father and Son
- Old Navy - affordable work out clothes! - Old Navy
- If Only - Extraordinary Experiences for Good
- Mack Weldon - Smart Underwear for Smart Guys
- Nike - Nike. Just Do It.
- Fanatics - Sports Apparel
For the Survivalist Dad:
- Patagonia - Patagonia
- Gear Patrol - For Life's Persuits
- Society Socks - Sock Subscription with a Social Cause
- LUSH - Naked! packaging for sustainable consumer goods - LUSH
- Stitch Fix -great for the busy, working Dad! - Stitch Fix
- Bed Bath and Beyond - Bed Bath & Beyond
For the Handyman Dad:
- Academy Sports - Academy Sports
- Man Crates - Awesome Gifts for Men
- Lowes - Lowes Home Improvement
- Duluth Trading Co. - Duluth Trading
- Bass Pro-shops - Bass Pro
- Basic Man - simple styling, monthly subscription box - Get Basic
- Target - check out their weekly ad! - Target
Golf with Dad
Another great idea that won’t take too much planning is taking your Dad to the driving range or even the local golf course for a round of golf. If you know he enjoys to play golf, but doesn’t take much time to get himself to the golf course on the weekends, Father’s Day is a great opportunity to share some quality time with your Dad on the driving range, or my personal favorite, the putting green.
Cook for Father’s Day
Another great idea that doesn’t take much planning is cooking for your Dad for Father’s Day! Whether he loves a good old-fashioned steak dinner, late night snack runs, or any meal that brings his family home, cooking for your Dad or Grandfather or Father-In-Law is something you can’t just order online. He will appreciate not only the thought but also the effort as well.
Don’t feel pressured to make his favorite dish or use his recipe! And if your Dad is like my Dad (chef of the house), getting his favorite take-out food for dinner would mean that Dad can focus on spending time with everyone, and less time cooking in the kitchen or grilling out on the grill.
Let us know what you are getting your Dad or the men in your life this Father’s Day in the comment section below!